Digicon Corporation offers exciting and diverse careers in federal, state and local, and commercial arenas throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond. Digicon is continually seeking individuals that can enhance our wide-ranging projects. It takes more than experience to make it here, though. You need motivation, perseverance, and the desire to strive for more. Most of all, you need the ability to be part of a diverse team that is dedicated to success.
At Digicon, we know that our employees play the largest role in our continual success. That is why we foster an environment of growth and development, with an emphasis on opportunity, recognition, and work-life balance. We give the same high level of commitment to our employees that we give to our clients. If Digicon sounds like the place where you want to be, we’d enjoy speaking with you.
The foundation for our culture is expressed in our core values: dependable, Can-Do Attitude, Driven, Engaged, Continuously Improving, and Humbly Confident.
Systems Administrator Description:
- Assist network operations center by handling escalations of desktop problems, application issues and server issues.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve server and application outages. Provide training to tier one NOC technicians.
- Assist senior system administrators with research, design, and installation of OS and applications.
- Maintain, manage, and monitor Microsoft window servers supporting a wide variety of applications
- Collaborate with systems engineers to provide network support for systems installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Create and maintain system documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience as an administrator of windows servers, Microsoft server applications, and Office365 application environments.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience supporting users and resolving user issues in windows desktop environments.
- In depth understanding of Active Directory and solid understanding of email delivery.
- Familiarity with monitoring applications, particularly as they can be used to monitor windows servers.
- Clear and precise communication skills. The ability to effectively participate in a team to troubleshoot complex incidents in a production technical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to represent Digicon effectively to a customer.
Additional desired skills:
- Experience Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with LAMP stack web applications.
Digicon Corporation, founded in 1985, is a full-service Information Technology solutions provider with numerous nationwide clients and over 200 employees. We offer exciting and diverse careers in federal, state and local, and commercial arenas throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond. As an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides comprehensive and flexible benefits packages, Digicon is dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse community of exceptional professionals. Visit www.digicon.com/careers for more information.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer and able to pass a background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Digicon is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability